So allow me to introduce you to my bestie right now WAFER PAPER (or also known as rice paper). Wafer paper is an edible paper used by many cake decorators for an easy way to pop some pizzazz onto a cake without using fondant or buttercream. I followed an easy tutorial on creating these beauties just using a circle paper punch to make the petals and some edible glue to create them. When your done you just simply apply a small fondant ball in the center and VOILÀ!!!
Sidebar: I’m not going to bother you with a rant about covering a cake with fondant, lets just say “we don’t get along”.
As far as the flower borders, I created those using edible paper and a flower punch. I just punched the paper out and applied to the fondant covered cake.
So here’s how I make it mine:
- Jessica Harris Wafer Paper Tutorial
- Wafer Paper (they only come in white or you can get fancy and buy a printed color pack)
- Wilton Edible Paper
- Circle Paper Punch (you can buy them any size, the more the merrier)
- Flower Border Punch (similar here)
- Piping Gel (acts as a glue)
- Small Ball of Fondant